Wednesday 18 August 2010

The 65th Indonesia's Independence Day, August 17th 2010

Yesterday, like I said earlier, it was a great day! After 'FangShen' and Vegetarian Bazzar, I had a celebration with another gang of mine... =p

We were celebrating the 65th Indonesia's Independence day!! hehehhe....

How we celebrate it??

Well... It was just a small gathering at Lee's house... It was our very first time celebrating Indonesia's 'birthday' together.... Simple yet memorable celebration.. XD

So, the 5 of us went to "Pasar Ramadhan" (a market selling all sort of dishes, deserts for Muslim Fasting) to hunt for Foods!! hahaha....

These are some pictures taken while we were in "Pasar Ramadhan"..........



Preety crowded,huh.?!





Actually all stands in "Pasar Ramadhan" are selling the same things, just that we don't know which one has the best foods.. hahaha... So it was fun to look around, walk here and there while guessing which stand has good foods! hahaha...

After done with the hunting session, we directly heading to Lee's house..... (backyard to be precise.. =))





These are our foods and desert.... The 4 girls had Fried Vermicelli, while Lee had Fried Noodle.. =).... As per desert, we had Es SumSum.. hahaha... I really have no idea how to describe this desert.. lol

Then we had good chat together, took pictures....XD










You know what?? One of our friend was "saltum" (wearing the wrong custom) haha... We have decided to wear Red and White (since Indonesia's Flag is Red and White)... BUT sheeee.... She wore BLACK!! hahaha..... She was totally out of the dresscode...! hahahaha....

And.... Actually I did wear the wrong Tshirt.... I was wearing "I love SG" t-shirt instead of wearing 'I love Indonesia"... hahahaha...... I am brilliant!!!

oh yaaa.... Before I forget... My friend's family who get married with a Canadian guy, is actually named their daughter "Merdeka"...... The moment my friend told me about this, I thought she was joking... but it is NOT a joke... They really named their daughter Merdeka.... OMG.... Can't they named her with more Canadian name? OMG....... OMG OMG...... I am speechless.......

No comments:

Post a Comment